Discover the excitement, colour, and energy of Ukrainian culture and join us May 9, 2020.
Sutherland Curling Club, 141 Jessop Ave. Saskatoon
Your admission price includes all the exciting entertainment, dancing, and shopping in our boutique filled with Ukrainian gifts, crafts and clothing as well, you can browse our art, and cultural displays. Parents can also enjoy the children's corner with their kids which features home made craft making. Resident Ukrainian artist, Nataliia Garmasar creates unique and meaningful Ukrainian inspired crafts for the younger guests to take home.
Individual tickets are rush seating. VIP tables of 8 available with assigned and prime seating.
Saving places by lifting chairs or other means, is not permitted.
Dress is semi formal. Casual jeans or other casual attire discouraged.
Vesna Festival Incorporated
P.O. Box 1592
New ticket pricing for Vesna 2020. Click on the tickets tab.
Tickets for Vesna Festival will be available starting in April at the following locations and by etransfer:
Slavianka Store - 3421 8th St E
Werezak's Pharmacy - 5-123 Lenore Dr
New Community Credit Union - 321 20th St W
Smak Ukrainian Store - 301 Idylwyld Dr N
etransfer also available
2020 List of Entertainers
We are thrilled to welcome Manitoba's Selo Ukrainian Dancers generously sponsored by Napa Traction Prince Albert. They bring their dynamic and memorable repertoire to the Vesna main stage. This group performed in Saskatoon at the Pavlychenko Showcase in 2019 and left the audience wanting more of their impressive performance style. Judging from the buzz of conversation at that show, Selo will leave Vesna guests thoroughly impressed.
In addition, hometown favourites, Half Na Piv are back.
This energetic Saskatoon band is renowned across the province and country for their ability to bring a party wherever they go. With their finger on the pulse of the crowd they are performing for, this dynamic group of talented musicians is a guaranteed good time.
The amazing entertainment doesn't end there. Saskatoon is so fortunate to have a wealth of Ukrainian talent. Yevshan, PFE and Boyan on Tour, Spivohrai, Prince Albert Barveenok Dancers, Vesnianka, Boyan will also add to the evening's entertainment.
Stay tuned for additional performers coming in 2020.
Vesna Festival strives to provide a stunning display of performers each year. Our local talent is renowned not only in Saskatchewan, but internationally and we are proud to show it off to our guests.
Your Evening will include:
1. Stroll through the artisan market and discover the fashion and art created by various artists of Ukrainian descent along with vendors selling Ukrainian merchandise. We also offer a community display with information about our Ukrainian community and its organizations.
2. Relax over a cup of coffee and delectable desserts in Cafe Kyiv. Enjoy the company of close friends and new acquaintances.
3. With our new location at Sutherland Curling Club, Vesna Festival is once again offering HOMEMADE UKRAINIAN FOOD for purchase. Perogies, cabbage rolls and kubassa lovingly prepared by hand ARE BACK!
4. Our younger guests will enjoy the Children’s Sadok where they can make a complimentary Ukrainian craft to take home created by our resident artist, Natalia Garmasar.
5. Then head into the main hall and purchase your homemade Ukrainian food complete with the favourites; perogies/varenyky and cabbage rolls. All the while fabulous entertainment will be on stage to set the scene.
6. Prepare to be entertained by our headlining entertainers before you dance the night away to the sounds of Half na Piv a local Ukrainian band that never disappoints.
7. Just one more thing ... no Ukrainian evening is complete without a Kolomeyka! Participate or just watch the amazing talents of Ukrainian dancers as they try to outdo each other with high flying flips, tricks and turns on the dance floor. Have your phone handy as you will want to video the amazing impromptu athleticism, artistry and cultural display of the Kolomeyka. You may even want to jump in.
Whether you have attended Vesna in the past and intend to meet up with old friends or you are coming to the festival for the first time, we know you will have an experience to remember!
We can’t wait to welcome you in person to Vesna Festival!